Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Sweetest Day approaching...week 7

One of the sappiest occasions of the year is fast-approaching and I'm wondering how I'm going to celebrate. Sweetest Day is always celebrated on the third Saturday of October and according to Wikipedia it is "an occasion which offers all of us an opportunity to remember not only the sick, aged, and orphaned, but also friends, relatives and associates whose helpfulness and kindness we have enjoyed." Therefore, those who always complain because they think this day is just meant for couples, they're wrong. I would like everyone to read the fine print here, because Sweetest Day is a special occasion in which you should enrich the life of someone you love. This can be a friend, family member or yes, even a significant other. Also, did you know that Sweetest Day is primarily celebrated in the Great Lakes region and parts of the Northeast United States? I most certainly thought that this joyous occasion (haha) was celebrated in every state. However, this event is gaining popularity throughout the United States. I'm sure many of you did not know that Sweetest Day was coming so soon and I bet half of you could care less, but honestly make someone's day by telling them you care! I know I'm cheesy, but thoughtfulness goes a long way. I will probably do something sweet for my boyfriend because this "hallmark holiday" is important to me, but I will most definitely expect something in return! I hope that's not too much to ask, haha!

No comments: