Tuesday, October 7, 2008

On my mind....

So I decided that I need to blog about something that won't get off my mind. I can't concentrate on anything else in my life right now because this one thing is bothering me. I bet some of you can guess what it is, the boyfriend. Why is that boyfriends can somehow make or break your life? Or why is it that I let this happen? I won't get into the details because that's my own life and I'm sure he wouldn't appreciate it either. Here's the thing, I've been doing this long distance thing for over three years now and sometimes it's been really hard. I've been spoiled because I've gotten to see him more than other couples, but still seeing couples together around campus makes it that much harder. I've never been the really independent type, so college has been a great test for me.

Basically, I want to know how others deal with long distance relationships. If you are the type of person though that is independent and doesn't really need that significant person around then I'm not sure you can relate. Sadly I'm very attached...and have been. I know that I can be okay without him, but I'm not my complete self. This may sound sappy but it's the truth. Having close friends and surrounding myself with people who make me happy helps. It doesn't help that he's a guy and he doesn't get this emotional about this kind of stuff. So if someone can help that would be great. You would think after doing this long distance thing for three years, I'd be a pro. Sadly this is not the case.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"If you are the type of person though that is independent and doesn't really need that significant person around then I'm not sure you can relate."

Are you talking about me here?!

Haha

Sorry I can't comfort you...want some ice cream ;)

Evan E. Roberts said...

Aw I'm sorry to say I can't really relate either, I'm like you and kinda need to be around the person I'm in a relationship with, so my long distance effort didn't pan out. My sole advice is to keep busy, cause then you have less time to think about it!