Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Jennifer Hudson tradegy...week 9

Most of you have probably heard about the Hudson family tragedy by now, and if not you must live in a hole. I wanted to bring up this topic because sadly it does relate to PR. According to CNN, Jennifer Hudson grew up in a Chicago suburb and her mother continued to live there, even after Hudson agreed to buy her a new home. On Friday, Hudson's mother, Darnell Donerson and brother, Jason Hudson were found shot to death in their home. In addition, Jennifer Hudson's nephew was also found dead on Monday morning. This horrible tragedy has put Jennifer Hudson back in the mind's of people around the nation. Jennifer Hudson recently received attention for her part in "The Secret Life of Bee," and she just released her first solo album. Therefore, she did not really need any more PR because she has already established herself quite well. Nonetheless, I feel that this will be a true test for Hudson as she battles the constant media attention. I can't imagine what she's going through and on top of that she has to face the press. Although people already respect Jennifer Hudson for her hard work and talent, this tragedy will truly make her a diamond in the ruff. I respect her and admire her for her strength. Her family will be in my prayers.

1 comment:

JamienneNoell said...

I must live in a hole. I had not heard about this until I read your post Amber. Wow, this is horrible. I looked up some articles online for more information. It's just unbelievable how horrible things like this can happen to anyone. She certainly is getting a lot of PR. I think people will sympathize with her desperately.